Occasionally, we are hosting lectures that interested individuals can stream online. We will update upcoming events shortly. Until then, you can find an overview of previous presentations including some slide decks.
We will announce upcoming events shortly.
Below is a collection of previously held presentations at conferences, symposia or workshops.
Note: presentations in HTML are made by using R markdown, these can more easily be navigated after pressing the “o” key and can usually be printed in landscape to create readable PDF handouts.
- Isvoranu, A. M., Boyette, L., Schirmbeck, F., Velthorst, E., Simons, C., Borsboom, D., & De Haan, L. (2018). F126. Pathways from speech illusions to psychotic symptoms in subjects a t ultra-high risk for psychosis: Combining an experimental paradigm of aberrant experiences with network analysis. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 44, 69. doi:10.1093/schbul/sby017.657. (poster SIRS 2018)
- Isvoranu, A. M. (2018). S109. Symptom network models of psychosis. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 44, 367. doi:10.1093/schbul/sby018.896. (poster SIRS 2018)
- Nunez, D., Fresno, A., van Borkulo, C., Courtet, P., Arias, V., Garrido, V., & Wigman, J. (2018). O8. 1. Examining relationships between psychotic experiences and suicidal ideation in adolescents using a network approach. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 44, 96. doi:10.1093/schbul/sby015.238
- Epskamp, S. (2016). Generalizing intra-individual dynamics: multi-level VAR modelling of ESM data. Individual differences journal club, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Epskamp, S. (2016). Intra-individual Dynamics in Psychology. Complexity Community Sharing Session January 2016, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fried, E. I. (2016). Psychiatric Symptomics: a novel research paradigm to study Major Depression. Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research, VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Fried, E. I., Deserno, M. & Epskamp, S. (2016). 2-Day network analysis workshop: Estimation, inference and stability of psychopathological networks. (Further details)
- Haslbeck J.M.B. (2016). Estimating time-varying mixed graphical models in high-dimensional data. COMPSTAT 2016, Oviedo, Spain.
- Haslbeck J.M.B. (2016). Structure estimation for mixed graphical models in high-dimensional data. Psychoco 2016, University of Liège, Belgium.
- Haslbeck J.M.B. (2016). Estimating time-varying mixed graphical models in high-dimensional data. 5th VOC Conference, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
- Haslbeck J.M.B. (2016). Time-varying mixed graphical models. Conference on Complex Systems 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Kossakowski, J.J. (2016). To be or not to be (depressed)? Assessing the risk for the development of depression. Society for Dutch Developmental Psychology (VNOP), Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- Kossakowski, J. J., & Waldorp, L. J. (2016). Mean Field Dynamics of Graphs. Presentation for the Conference on Complex Systems (CCS), Amsterdam, the Netherlands, September 2016.
- Kruis, J., Maris, G. (2016). Three Representations of the Ising Model.
- Epskamp, S., Rhemtulla, M.T., & Borsboom, D. (2015). Generalized Network Analysis: Combining Network and Latent Variable Models. IOPS 2015 winter conference, Leiden.
- Epskamp, S. (2015). The Dynamics of Psychology. Invited talk at the National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Epskamp, S. (2015). Complexity in Psychology. Complexity Community Sharing Session August 2015, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Epskamp, S. (2015). Residual Interaction Modeling. IMPS 2015, Beijing, China
- Epskamp, S. (2015). New developments in Network Psychometrics. Invited talk at the University of Edinburgh.
- Epskamp, S., Kroeze, R., Riese, H., Schoevers, R.A. and Borsboom, D. (2015) Applied network analysis in Clinical Practice. ICPS 2015, Amsterdam.
- Fried, E. I. (2015). Depression is more than the sum-score of its symptoms: A novel network approach to understanding depression. Lectures in Psychology Series, University of Leuven, Belgium.
- Fried, E. I., Epskamp, S., Nesse, R. M., Tuerlinckx, F., Borsboom, D. (2015). What are ‘good’ depression symptoms? A novel perspective based on the network framework. Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Chicago, USA
- Fried, E. I., Arjadi, R., Borsboom, D., Tuerlinckx, F., Cramer, A., Epskamp, S., Amshoff, M., Carr, D., Stroebe, M., & Bockting, C. (2015) From Loss to Loneliness: The Relationship Between Bereavement and Depressive Symptoms. International Convention of Psychological Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Haslbeck J.M.B. (2015). Structure estimation for mixed graphical models in high-dimensional data. EMPG 2015, University of Padua, Italy.
- van Bork, R. (2015). Latent variable and network model implications for partial correlation structures. IMPS 2015, Beijing.
- van Borkulo, C.D. (2015). Constructing networks from binary data. IMPS 2015, Beijing.
- Epskamp, S. (2014). Network Analysis for Psychologists, using qgraph in R. APS 2014, San Francisco, California.
- Epskamp, S. (2014). Network Analysis: Applications of networks in Psychology and beyond. Guest colloquium at TNO.
- van Borkulo, C.D. (2014). Time for a new paradigm – a network perspective on psychopathology. GGZ Ermelo.
- Epskamp, S. (2013). Network Analysis: Uma abordagem integradora para pesquisa e tratamento em psicopatologia. Invited talk at FAINOR university, Vitória da Conquista, Brazil
- Epskamp, S., and Cramer, A.O.J. (2013). Workshop Netwerken in de psychopathologie. Lustrumcongres 2013
- Epskamp, S. (2013). Network Visualizations of Relationships in Psychometric Data and Structural Equation Models. IMPS 2013, Arnhem.